Ted Z and the Wranglers, of Southern California, deliver outlaw country-charged rock. Ted's catchy story-songs are fully-realized tales of love, regret, getting older, and getting in trouble. The band stirs up its Americana influences, featuring quick picking and bluesy slide guitar over galloping train beats and swinging shuffles.
Ted Z and The Wranglers first label release, Ghost Train, was recorded at Yellow Dog Studios in Wimberley, TX and produced by Monty Byrom (Big House, Eddie Money). 2017 Winner Hard Rock Rising LA, Jam in The Van (2017) Headlined Sturgis Buffalo Chip (2018). Ted Z and the Wranglers are actively looking to partner with a Record Label.
- COLLABORATED WITH JAMIE WYATT ON ORIGINAL TRACK "SWEET LORETTA" ON UPCOMING ALBUM 2018. JAMIE WAS JUST FEATURED ON THE CARSON DAILY SHOW.
- MAINSTAGE AT STURGIS BUFFALO CHIP WITH KID ROCK, YELAWOLF, & STEPPIN WOLF 2018
- LOS ANGELES HARD ROCK RISING WINNER
- RECORDED AT YELLOW DOG STUDIOS, WIMBERLY TEXAS WITH MONTE BYRON 2017
- TEENAGE HEAD MUSIC EUROPEAN TOUR
- ORIGINAL SONG "TROUBLE" FEATURED IN PROMO FOR STURGIS BUFFALO CHIP (OVER 50,000 VIEWS) 2018
“It’s their brand of grassroots, southwestern country-folk that sets them apart... there’s an introspective feel to their music, a manner in which inspires thought and reflection. Not content to remain sonically low key, however, their music also spans grittier rock ‘n’ roll, making them a well-rounded group of musicians and artists. ” - Vickye Fisher
“...the Wayfarer was just waiting for a band like Ted Z and the Wranglers to offer up some more legitimacy to the bar's name....The band's mustachioed frontman Ted Zakka wasn't shy about getting the audience nice and loose as they commenced some tightly spun rock-tinged country tunes.... With the right balance between rowdy party songs and slow balladry, Ted Z and the Wranglers created a barn burner inside the Wayfarer that seemed well worth the trip. ” - Nate Jackson